Recommended Adult Dose
1 capsule 2 times daily after meal or as directed by a physician. Use for a minimum of 3 weeks to see beneficial effects. For use beyond 3 months, consult a healthcare practitioner.
Caution and Warning
Consult a physician prior to use if you have a liver disease, gallstones, stomach ulcers or excess stomach acid or if you are taking antiplatelet medication or blood thinners. Hypersensitivity/allergy is known to occur, in which case, discontinue use. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a health care practitioner prior to use. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. Hypersensitivity, such as allergy, has been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use. For use beyond 3 months, consult a health care practitioner.
What is Milk Thistle?
Milk thistle, a natural herb that has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, is commonly used to provide support in detoxifying the body, especially the liver. Milk thistle (which has the scientific name Silybum marianum) is a weed that grows mostly in California (although it can be grown in many parts of the world with a warm climate) that’s commonly turned into extract or supplement form in order to reap its cell regenerating milk thistle benefits.
What are Milk Thistle’s Benefits?
The active ingredients in milk thistle are silymarin and silymarin is known to have antioxidant, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Other benefits of Milk Thistle are:
- May protect the liver
- May help prevent age-related decline in brain function
- May protect the bones
- May boost breast milk production
- Could help treat acne
- Could lower blood sugar levels for people with diabetes
What is Astaxanthin?
Astaxanthin is an antioxidant in the carotenoid family that gives salmon its red-orange color. Research published in The Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism suggests astaxanthin may reduce oxidative stress, inflammation and promote the immune system!
Vita-Age’s Milk Thistle Extract with Astaxanthin supplement is formulated with a blend of carefully selected Milk Thistle Extract at 30X concentration which is equivalent to 6000mg and Astaxanthin at 4mg, hence making the most out of each capsule.
Why Choose Vita-Age Milk Thistle Extract with Astaxanthin?
The only Synergistic Formula on the market combining the best of both worlds – Milk Thistle and a powerful antioxidant Astaxanthin. Milk Thistle is at a concentration of 30:1 extract equivalent of 6000mg, providing you with 30X the benefit compounds when compared to an unextracted milk thistle supplement.
- HIGH POTENCY – Vita-Age’s advanced formulation offers 30X concentration of Milk Thistle Extract which is equivalent to 6000mg.
- QUALITY ASSURED – Vita-Age Milk Thistle Extract with Astaxanthin is made in Canada under strict cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Standards). Unlike most brands, Vita-Age also conducts third-party lab tests on its products to ensure safety, purity, potency and quality.
- Natural Product License # 80081234
Astonishing Studies Proving Milk Thistle Extract’s Benefits
- Studies have shown improvements in liver function in people with liver diseases who have taken a milk thistle supplement, suggesting it could help reduce liver inflammation and liver damage.
- 1 randomized controlled study found that mothers taking 420mg of silymarin for 63 days produced 64% more milk than those taking a placebo.
- 1 study found that people with acne who took 210 grams of silymarin per day for 8 weeks experienced a 53% decrease in acne lesions.
There are 60 capsules per bottle.
Yes the capsules are vegetarian.
It’s formulated by Vita-Age Nutrition and proudly manufactured in Canada.