Each capsule contains: Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose
Recommended Adult Dose
1 capsule 2 times daily with food or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Caution and Warning
Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or taking carbidopa or drugs/supplements with serotonergic activity. These may include, but are not limited to, L-tryptophan, S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), St. John’s wort, antidepressants, pain kills, over the counter cough and cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea medication and anti-migraine medication. Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if you show signs of weakness, oral ulcers, or abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain or if you experience skin changes. Do not use if you have scleroderma. Do not take 5 HTP with any antidepressant medication. Some people may experience diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, drowiness. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle or involved in activities requiring mental alertness. Use for a minimum of 1 week to see beneficial effects. Consult a healthcare practitioner for use beyond 6 weeks.
What is 5-HTP?
5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is an amino acid that acts as a precursor in the brain for the biosynthesis of serotonin and melatonin from the amino acid tryptophan. Tryptophan is first converted to 5-HTP before it is converted to sertonin. The enzymes responsible for converting tryptophan to 5-HTP are TPH1 and TPH2 and they are the slowest enzymes in the process of making serotonin. 5-HTP is easily and freely converted into serotonin and also readily crosses the blood-brain barrier. Serotonin can affect sleep, appetite, temperature, and pain sensation. Since 5-HTP is a precursor for the biosynthesis of serotonin, 5-HTP is used for several diseases that are linked to serotonin. 5-HTP as a supplement is extracted from the seeds of the African shrub plant – Griffonia simplicifolia.
What are 5-HTP’s Benefits?
- May help promote healthy mood balance
- May help relieve symptoms of fibromyalgia
- May help with Panic Attacks and Anxiety
- May help reduce Appetite, Craving and Weight Loss
- May help improve sleep quality
Vita-Age 5-HTP is formulated with 98% assay of 5-HTP providing high potency and efficacy. Also, through innovative technology, the supplement is also intricately formulated to retain purities of the ingredient so as to ensure full spectrum of benefits.
Why Choose Vita-Age 5-HTP?
- HIGH POTENCY – This product is formulated with quality ingredients and offering an assay of 98% 5-HTP at 150mg per capsule, 60 capsules per bottle.
- QUALITY ASSURED – Vita-Age 5-HTP is made in Canada under strict cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Standards). Unlike most brands, Vita-Age also conducts third-party lab tests on its products to ensure safety, purity, potency and quality.
- HEALTH CANADA APPROVED – Health Canada Natural Product License # Pending
Studies proving 5-HTP’s health benefits
- 5-HTP decreased the time required to get to sleep.
- 5-HTP may counteract hunger-inducing hormones, working to suppress appetite and help you lose weight.
- Evidence suggests that 5-HTP may improve symptoms of fibromyalgia including muscle pain, sleep problems, anxiety and fatigue.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are 60 capsules per bottle.
Yes the capsules are vegetarian.
It’s formulated by Vita-Age Nutrition and proudly manufactured in Canada.